Performing a background check is a crucial part of the hiring process, providing insight into an applicant’s history, and helping ensure that the candidate is a good fit for the position.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Set-up the background check integration with provider, Checkr.
- Set-up billing with Checkr.
- Run a background check for a position
1. Getting started with Checkr - Signing Up
Step 1: Click on the settings icon located at the upper right of the dashboard
Step 2: Select "Company"
Step 3: Select "Integration"
Step 4: Click "Connect"
Step 5: Complete the fields shown below. This will setup your Checkr account:
- Create Account
- Payment Information
- Verification (only legitimate businesses may order background checks).
- Once you are done filling out the fields, you will automatically connect with Checkr.
- If you ALREADY have a Checkr account and are turning on the integration within Workstream for the first time, repeat steps 1-4 and click the "Sign-in" button as shown below,
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance in your account and billing information.
2. Set-up a background check for a position
Before starting your first background check, the Admin has the option to enable and disable default packages. The Admin may want to do this to prevent team members from running certain packages.
To do this, repeat steps 1 to 3 of the above section (A). Then click the toggle buttons to turn on/off the packages,
In case you need to customize a package, you may email Checkr at email@example.com for any assistance.
***Setting up a Background Check Stage***
Step 1: Go to "Positions" tab.
Step 2: Click any location and select a position under it and click the "Settings" button.
Step 3: Click the "Add new stage" button
Step 4: Select "Background check" then type any stage name for it and drag it to any order that you want to place it,
Step 5: After you have created a stage for the background check, click that stage then choose only one package (among the enabled packages) that you want to use then click "Save",
Step 6: Click the "Automation" tab then select the automation rule that says
- If "the applicant is moved to this stage" then "send background check request",
- This is important to make sure that when you move the applicant to this stage, he/she will receive a notification about it.
- If you want to learn more about background check from checkr, they can visit learn.checkr.com .
If you have questions and need some assistance, send us a message by clicking the intercom icon found at the bottom right of your dashboard or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org