Using the textbox tag, both users and applicants can easily fill out empty fields from the uploaded document.
To add a textbox tag into your document take the following steps:
STEP 1: Drag the Textbox tag from the toolbar into the document and drop it to where you want to place it.
STEP 2: After you drag and drop the field, you will be asked to choose from the drop-down list who should fill out the corresponding textbox. There are two options (see below). This can also be set to either optional or required.
A. Who fill this out: Workstream (when sending)
- Click the drop-down list and select Workstream (when sending).
- Click the section What text goes here? This allows you to select certain tags that can be used to populate automatically into the document.
B. Who fill this out: Applicant or Name of the Company signatory
- Click the drop-down list and select whether Applicant or the name of the company signatory.
- Select certain types of fields from the Validation Type? section. This is used to validate the data being typed by whoever the recipient of the document is.
- Click the Advanced features. This section allows you to change the label name of the corresponding textbox.
NOTE: You can resize the textbox. Point your mouse cursor to the edge part of the textbox then drag it to any directions until you it satisfies your textbox size. The longer the textbox, the more characters to be filled out.
You can add textbox tags as many as you want. Workstream offers you a generous list of available merge tags that can be used to populate in your document.
STEP 3: Click Continue from the pop up window. Then click the Save button.
Want to talk to our Support team? Look for the Intercom icon at the bottom right part of your dashboard and click on New conversation, or send an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.